The Southern Spirit
The Southern Spirit
Discover The Southern Spirit
A journey between Adelaide and Brisbane via Melbourne is the latest addition to our great Australian train journeys and your opportunity to explore new landscapes on our train. Called The Southern Spirit, it was named to encapsulate the spirit of adventure held in the hearts of those who first opened up the furthest reaches of this great continent.
Covering four states, The Southern Spirit takes you through the hidden beauty of the Great Dividing Range and the Eastern Seaboard. Enjoy the privacy of your Gold or Platinum Service cabin. Watch the landscape change before your eyes as you delight in the service and catch up with fellow travellers in the Queen Adelaide Restaurant and Outback Explorer Lounge.
Take advantage of Whistle Stop Tours of the majestic Grampians National Park, Albury-Wodonga on the Murray River, the open range Taronga Western Plains Zoo, flavours of the Hunter Valley, the historic settlement town of Port Macquarie and beautiful Byron Bay. All Whistle Stop Tours are included in your fare and come with transfers directly to and from The Southern Spirit.
- Routes: Adelaide / Melbourne to Brisbane, Brisbane to Melbourne / Adelaide.
- Gold or Platinum Service.
- Exclusive Whistle Stop Tours at key locations and points of interest throughout the journey including The Grampians National Park, Albury-Wodonga on the Murray River, Dubbo and Taronga Western Plains Zoo, Hunter Valley wineries and gardens, Port Macquarie historic settlement town, Byron Bay coastal village.
- All meals as specified in your itinerary: (B) breakfast, (L) lunch, (D) dinner.
Register Your Interest
To keep updated on the latest information for The Southern Spirit journeys, please register your details on the Great Southern Rail website, by clicking here, and become a member of The Southern Spirit database. This way you will be among the first to know when the next season of this Great Australian Rail Journey is set to depart.
* All packages are subject to change without notice. Subject to availability.