All fares are in Australian dollarsCurrency convertor
Purchase one of our rail passes to travel on our services at a cheaper rate.
The Ausrail Pass is accepted by all operators across our rail network.
|Pass name||CountryLink||Great Southern Rail||Queensland Rail|
|East Coast Discovery Pass|
|Rail Explorer Pass|
|Queensland Explorer Pass|
The Austrail Flexi Pass offers flexibility across all participating rail companies and is available for travel over a six month period from the first day of travel.
Trains that accept the Ausrail Flexi Pass
- The Ghan
- Indian Pacific
- The Inlander
- Spirit of the Outback
- The Sunlander
- Tilt Train
- The Westlander
|Pass travel period||Cost ($AUD)|
|6 month pass (off shore purchase)||$890.00|
|6 month pass (on shore purchase)||$990.00|
No concessions given
- The pass is issued to and accepted by the person named on the ticket, subject to the Railways Acts By-Laws, Regulations and General Conditions of Carriage in force in each Railway System to which the travel applies.
- This pass is valid for use on specified rail and coach services operated by the following Railway Systems – Great Southern Rail (Red Service seats), Traveltrain (economy seats) and Countrylink (economy seats). This pass is not valid on any Metropolitan services or North Queensland Tourist Train services.
- Travel must commence and the pass validated within six months of the date of purchase. Travel must be completed within six months of the date of validation endorsed on the pass at the initial departure point.
- The holder may upgrade to travel in first class, business class or Red Service seats and sleeping berths on payment of the applicable upgrade amount. The holder may upgrade to a business seat on the Tilt Train to Cairns for free when booking journeys within 7 days of travel (valid to 31 December 2010).
- The pass is only available for purchase by bona fide overseas visitors to Australia. A passport must be produced at the time of purchase to verify the passenger is a resident of another country.
- A reservation is essential prior to the use of the pass and entitles the passenger to only one allocation on any service. The travel pass is a receipt only and does not guarantee travel. A reservation for each individual sector of travel is necessary to obtain a valid travel ticket.
- This pass must be presented with the passport of the holder at the ticket office of the departure point of the initial journey for validation and endorsing of the total period of availability on the pass document. The passport with ticket is to be produced by the holder for all subsequent journeys at either the ticket office or to onboard staff for verification.
- For full conditions and important travel tips please refer to the information provided with each operator’s travel ticket.
- The pass is only available for full adult fares, no further concessions apply.
- The pass is subject to a fuel price surcharge per sector booked on The Ghan, Indian Pacific and The Overland.
- The pass is not transferable. One passenger per pass only.
Cancellations / Refunds
No refund is payable on passes that have been validated, nor are refunds allowed on lost or stolen passes. Applications for refund on invalidated passes must be submitted to the issuing office within 12 months of the date of issue and a 10% refund fee is payable. For passes purchased overseas, refunds cannot be obtained in Australia.
This pass cannot be purchased online
To purchase this pass please see your travel agent or call 13 21 47 (in Australia)