All fares are in Australian dollarsCurrency convertor
Purchase one of our rail passes to travel on our services at a cheaper rate.
The Ausrail Pass is accepted by all operators across our rail network.
|Pass name||CountryLink||Great Southern Rail||Queensland Rail|
|East Coast Discovery Pass|
|Rail Explorer Pass|
|Queensland Explorer Pass|
Rail Explorer Pass
Travel on The Ghan, Indian Pacific and The Overland in any direction as often as you like for a three or six month period from the first day of travel. Destinations accessible with the Rail Explorer Pass include Perth, Kalgoorlie, Adelaide, Broken Hill, Sydney. Melbourne, Alice Springs (gateway to Uluru/Ayers Rock) and Darwin via Katherine.
Pass holders have up to six months fom the date of purchase to commence travel.
Trains that accept the Rail Explorer Pass
|Pass Duration||Cost ($AUD)|
*10% discount applies to international visitors when purchased prior to arrival in Australia.
There are no concessions available.
- The Rail Explorer Pass is only available to holders of foreign (non-Australian) passports and non Australian residents. Clients should be advised to carry their passports with them at all times as railway staff may wish to check it against the passport numbers endorsed on the pass.
- The pass is valid for travel in a Red Service and Red Service Daynighter Seat, for unlimited travel on the Great Southern Rail network over a three or six month period, which starts on the day the pass is validated (first day of actual travel). The pass must be validated within 6 month of purchase.
- Upgrade to sleeping berths is available. Surcharges apply. Rates can be obtained by contacting Rail Australia.
- Pre-bookings for all trains is required at least 24 hours in advance – phone 13 21 47 (within Australia)
- To ensure clients obtain maximum value from their pass, they should be strongly advised to reserve space on as many rail sectors as possible – before arrival in Australia.
- All guests should be advised to be at the rail station at least 90 minutes prior to departure when first exchanging the voucher/ticket for the rail pass
- For additional detailed information on terms and conditions, including luggage allowances etc, please visit http://www.greatsouthernrail.com.au/site/terms_and_conditions.jsp#RailExplorer
- All sector bookings are subject to GSR Fuel Price Surcharge
Cancellations / Refunds
- Passes are only valid for a refund within 12 months of issue date if the pass has not been validated.
Book: Direct with Great Southern Rail on:
13 21 47 within Australia or
61 +8 8213 4592 (International),
Or purchased through your travel agent.