All fares are in Australian dollarsCurrency convertor
Purchase one of our rail passes to travel on our services at a cheaper rate.
The Ausrail Pass is accepted by all operators across our rail network.
|Pass name||CountryLink||Great Southern Rail|
|Rail Explorer Pass|
For information on Queensland rail passes visit Queensland Rail Travel website.
The Austrail Pass offers flexibility across all participating rail companies and is available for six months of unlimited travel from the first day of travel.
Trains that accept the Austrail Pass
- The Ghan
- Indian Pacific
- The Sunlander
- Tilt Train
- Spirit of the Outback
- The Inlander
- The Westlander
|Pass type||Cost ($AUD)|
|1 April 2009 – 31 March 2010|
|6 months of unlimited travel||$890.00|
No concessions available. *10% discount applies to international visitors when purchased prior to arrival in Australia.
No concessions given
- The pass is issued to and accepted by the person named on the ticket, subject to the Railways Acts bylaws, Regulations and General Conditions of Carriage in force in each Railway System to which the travel applies.
- This pass is valid for use on specified rail and coach services operated by the following Railway systems - Great Southern Rail (Red Service Seats); QR Traveltrain (economy seats); Countrylink (economy seats). This pass is not valid on any Metropolitan services or North Queensland Tourist Train services.
- Travel must commence with the pass validated within 6 months of the date of purchase. Travel must be completed within 6 months of the date of validation endorsed on the pass at the initial point of departure.
- The holder may upgrade to travel in First Class, Business Class or Red Premium Service Seats and sleeping berths on payment of the applicable upgrade amount.
- The pass is only available for purchase by bona fide overseas visitors to Australia. A passport must be produced at the first time of purchase to verify the passenger is a resident of another country.
- A reservation is essential prior to the use of the pass and entitles the passenger to one allocation on any service. The travel pass is a receipt only and does not guarantee travel. A reservation for each individual sector of travel is necessary to obtain a valid travel ticket.
- This pass must be presented with the passport of the holder at the ticket office of the departure of the initial journey for validation and endorsing the Total period of availability on the Pass document. The passport with ticket is to be produced by the holder for all subsequent journeys at either the ticket office or to onboard staff for verification.
- For full conditions and important travel tips please refer to the information provided with each operators travel ticket.
- The pass is only available for full adult fares no concessions apply.
- The pass is subject to a fuel price surcharge per sector booked on The Ghan, Indian Pacific and The Overland.
- This Pass is not transferable. One passenger only per Pass.
Cancellations / Refunds
No refund is payable on passes that have been validated, nor are refunds allowed on lost or stolen passes. Applications for refund on unused passes must be submitted to the issuing office within 12 months of the date of issue and a 10% refund fee is payable. For passes purchased overseas, refunds cannot be obtained in Australia.
This pass cannot be purchased online
To purchase this pass please see your travel agent or call 13 21 47 (in Australia)