All fares are in Australian dollarsCurrency convertor
Purchase one of our rail passes to travel on our services at a cheaper rate.
The Ausrail Pass is accepted by all operators across our rail network.
|Pass name||CountryLink||Great Southern Rail||Queensland Rail|
|East Coast Discovery Pass|
|Rail Explorer Pass|
|Queensland Explorer Pass|
Travel on all long distance services in any direction as often as you like over a three or six month period. Use the Ausrail Pass to explore all corners of Australia - from Perth in the west, to Darwin in the top end and the entire eastern coastline from Cairns in far north Queensland to Melbourne in the south. Also includes travel on CountryLink's connecting coach services in New South Wales and Traveltrain's connecting coach services in Queensland.
Trains that accept the Ausrail Pass
- The Ghan
- Indian Pacific
- The Inlander
- The Overland
- Spirit of the Outback
- The Sunlander
- Tilt Train
- The Westlander
|Pass travel period||Cost ($AUD)|
|3 month pass||$722.00|
|6 month pass||$990.00|
No concessions available.
- The passes are issued to and accepted by the person named on the ticket, subject to the Railways Acts By-Laws, Regulations and General Conditions of Carriage in force in each Railway System to which the travel applies.
- The passes are valid for use on specified rail and coach services operated by the following Railway Systems – Great Southern Rail (Red Service Day/Nighter seats); Queensland Rail (economy seats), CountryLink (economy seats). The passes are not valid on any Metropolitan services or North Queensland Tourist Train services.
- Travel must commence and the pass validated within 6 months of the date of purchase.
- Travel must be completed within the stipulated length of time (that is either 6 or 3 months) from the date of validation endorsed on the pass at the initial departure point.
- The holder may upgrade to travel in First class, Business class or Red Premium Service seats and sleeping berths on payment of the applicable upgrade amount.
- Pass product is only available for purchase by bona fide overseas visitors to Australia. A passport must be produced at the time of purchase to verify the passenger is a resident of another country and is not a resident of Australia.
- A reservation is essential prior to the use of the pass and entitles the passenger to only one allocation on any service. The travel pass is a receipt only and does not guarantee travel. A reservation for each individual sector of travel is necessary to obtain a valid travel ticket.
- The passes must be presented with the passport of the holder at the ticket office of the departure point of the initial journey for validation and endorsing of the total period of availability on the pass document. The passport with ticket is to be produced by the holder for all subsequent journeys at either the ticket office or to onboard staff for verification.
- For full Conditions of Carriage and important travel tips please refer to the information provided with each operators website, links to these sites can be found by visiting www.railaustralia.com.au
- Pass product is available at the published rate and no further concessions apply.
- The pass may be subject to a fuel price surcharge per sector booked on The Ghan, Indian Pacific and The Overland.
- Passes are not transferable. One passenger per pass only.
- No refund is payable on passes that have been validated, nor are refunds allowed on lost or stolen passes. Applications for refund on passes not yet validated must be submitted to the issuing office within 12 months of the date of issue. For passes purchased overseas, refunds cannot be obtained in Australia.
- Passes lost, stolen or misplaced will not be available for replacement.
To purchase this pass please see your travel agent or call 13 21 47 (in Australia)